What is Blender?
Blender is a 3D creation suite that is best for animation, rigging, compositing, simulation, modeling, video editing, game creation, and motion tracking. This software is rich in features and dynamism. It is the game engine with comprehensive modeling tools. It is useful to make animation videos, 3D games, 3D applications, and other printed models. It is a dream engine for all customers to achieve realistic rendering. All the tools of Blender enable the users to edit and modify their projects.
It is equipped with a camera and tracking option, which helps analyze the raw footage and check the footage by camera motion. When it comes to animation videos, Television commercials, and short films, nothing can beat it. The viewport is best for the combination of 2D and 3D. Python API of this software provides a variety of fonts style. The font color, interface sizes, and may out customization—a Multiplatform software for perfect graphics.
Features of Blender
Blender has useful animation toolset, which is very helpful in the creation of short films. The character pose editor, inverse kinematics, independent movements, and automatic skinning are noticeable. The automatic skinning will be useful when users make possible characters, and the work on colored groups is possible by its rigging tools. Sound synchronization is the most demanded feature for all the animation films, and a little bit of deficiency remains in almost every software, but Blender is perfect for it.
Visual Effect Feature
The built-in compositor is placed in the VFX, and it grants access to the nodes. The access will be helpful when you are going to create color grading and camera effects. You can get ready-made production cameras and an object tracking system for 3D animations. You can mask area and analyze footage even in the live camera movements. You can go for auto tracking or manual tracking. It will depend on your choice. You can see the preview of your edited footage and can mask the camera effects. It has the best particle system and high-quality VFX. The most appealing feature is the presence of OpenEXR, which high-quality image format. It is the same format used in the famous Harry Potter series. It is the high dynamic range image format and gives your video a real-time preview.
Path Tracer Engine
Cycles are the built-in engine that is present in the Blender. It is the unbiased tracking engine that gives real-time rendering effects. Viewport shows the live previews. It is based on a ray-tracing system and provides codes for the use of lightning and materials. The same codes are also involved in the visual appearance of the 3D scenes. The cycles enable the users to add more lightning and tracing the pixels’ paths in any image. The simulating feature useful when it comes to the interaction with the objects.
Creation of 3D games
When it comes to game development, Blender is one of the best game development engine. They have their code, which can be included in the port models, and they can refer it to the other users. They create unique prototypes and real-time visualizations. You can draw your characters directly in the viewport and mix the 3D with 2D.
Fast Rendering process
Graphics card has replaced the CPU in the Blender and is known as GPU rendering. Due to this card’s use, the rendering process speed is enhanced—the fast rendering process helps to produce many crunching. The total number or crunching depends upon the 3D calculations. The crunching is used in the development of games.
Pros of Blender
- Blender is the absolute game engine for Animation and modeling. It has the perfect selection of toolsets. You can use it for both 3D and 2D technology. It has the best integration with pipeline tools.
- You can easily customize the distribution of camera views and can work for a greater range of geometric primitives like metaballs, voids, curves, and NURBS.
- It is the powerful open-source 3D graphics and editor tool best to import the media clips through the file browser. It is effortless to use and to import the footage. You can move, add, cut, or fade the footage by its tools.
- It is a little bit complex and difficult to understand, but do not worry; you can wide range of explanatory tutorials for the usage of Blender. It works by nodes and provides good synchronization with the many programs. If you are new to the game development world, it is perfect for you.
- It is powerful software and still free to use and download. It is more useful and surprising as compared to other game engines. It provides many features for free, which enable you to create your mind notions into real-time visual impacts.
Cons of Blender
- Blender does not work on all the computers like it creates problems with Polygons and does not suitable for all processors.
- It has not all the perfect explanatory codes, and the codes are needed to be improved. It lacks VRay in the rendering process. The user interface also lags.
- It is not easy to understand and has a complicated layout, and you need better training and knowledge to use it. So, it is somehow difficult for all the beginners. You need advanced technology to manipulate this software.
- It lacks many engineering parts and modeling tools. The precision tools are not that much effective and working well. They need a little development to make it better.
Nothing can be perfect, and everything has some deficiency. Blender has some plus points and minus points, but overall it is a potent tool. It is the best 3D video animation, game development, and 3-D graphics tool. It is perfect if you want rendering effects and continuous workflow. It is a good free game engine that accounts for many best features like VFX, Viewport, Best animation toolset, and many more.