These 5th generation phones have new appealing features. Well, it is commonly said that spaces cannot tell you the whole story so, it will be better to use Pixel 4. Many people say that using Pixel 4 is far better than using Android. The fast enough smartphones with 6 GB RAM, 64 or 128 GB storage and Snapdragon 855 processor. This time Google has done something very good with battery life. Anyhow, Pixel 4 has enough features to hit the list of best phones in the market. In this article, I will give you an overview of Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL.
The price of Pixel 4 starts from $799 for the smaller version of about 5.7 inches’ screen and 64 GB storage. But, if you want a big screen you can hit the Pixel 4 XL that comes with a bigger screen, 128 GB storage and its price start from $899. So, you have to pay more $100 for the bigger screen. The most confusing thing, people think that they are paying for the Google hardware and this is wrong. For the Google Pixel 4, you pay for the Google software, Camera and other features. Congrats, in Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL, they have added about 5 new features. These all are hardware features include: –
- Motion Sense
- Face Unlock
- 90 Hz Display
- Second Telephoto Camera
- New Google Assistant
This feature is based on the Google project names as Project Soli. It works in the same way as radar woks. Google has been working on it for many years and at the very first attempt, it did not work. Then they continued to works and now Pixel 4 can sense three types of motions: –
- It let you wave your hand over the phone to skip the track during the music playlist. Unfortunately, this feature does not work when you are moving and it becomes the flakiest one. However, it works when your Pixel 4 or Pixel 4 XL is on the table and you are working on something. The phone and your hand direction must be perpendicular to sense this Motion.
- The next thing is the detection of your presence. Well, it detects when you move outside it and turns off the always-on display.
- The final and last motion sense is the sensing of your approach near to phone. It detects the presence when you have reached the phone and can perform the next function. It also works on the alarm or ringtones. When you reach near the phone it automatically quiets the phones and now it is up to you what will be the next move. It also turns on the face unlock feature so it can detect you.
When you see it on the technical level, the Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL face unlock feature works the same manner as Apple’s Face ID does. It works with the help of a projector that detects all the infrared dots and then the camera sees these dots. So, it is confirmed that it cannot be tricked by the photographer video. But, there are many flaws like it cannot detect if your eyes are open or closed. So, there are chances that someone unlocks your phone while you sleep. Well, that is not a secure way.
Well, Google has added the second lens after three years of struggle. It is the 2x telephoto lens and it is against the trend of the ultra-wide lens of phones. Both the rare wide and rare telephoto provide the optical and electronic image stabilization. Well, let me give the quick specs of all the camera lenses of Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL.
|Rare Wide||Rare Telephoto||Self-Camera|
|12.2 MP||16 MP||8 MP|
|Autofocus with dual pixel phase detection||Autofocus with phase detection||Fixed Focus|
|1.4 micro meter pixel width||1.0 micro meter pixel width||1.22 micro meter pixel width|
|f/1.7 aperture||f/2.0 aperture||f/2.4 aperture|
|77 degree of field view||52 degree of field view||90 degree of field view|
|Optical stabilization||Optical stabilization|
|Electronic Image stabilization||Electronic Image stabilization|
Display and other:
The things that attract that it is fast enough and there is no such hang issue in this device. However, it is not the fastest and the processor cannot compete with the iPhone silicon but it is quite good to use. The screen of Pixel 4 and Pixel 4 XL is as
- 5.7 – inches FHD for Pixel 4
- 6.3- inches QHD for Pixel 4 XL
- Corning Gorilla Glass 5.
- Smooth display up to 90 Hz
- HDR support
- Ambient EQ
- Size of Pixel 4 is 68.8 x 147.1 x 8.2 mm, and weight is 162 g
- The size of Pixel 4 XL is 75.1 x 160.4 x 8.2 mm and weight is 193 g
New Google Assistant:
The last but not the least feature why people are using Pixel 4 over other Android phones is the new Google assistant. It is fast enough to understand what you are saying to it. Like other Google assistant, it does not need web service to translate your words. It goes on what you say and performs functions. It works faster until you put on your G-suit account on your phone. The activation of the G-suit account on your Pixel 4 does not let the new Google Assistant work. It is the live caption; Google assistant can translate anything you are saying but it does not work on the lyrics of songs.
|Pixel 4||Pixel 4 XL|
|Excellent Still Camera||Excellent Still Camera|
|Smooth Display||Smooth Display with bigger screen|
|Face Unlock||Face Unlock|
|Pixel 4||Pixel XL|
|No Ultra Wide Camera||No ultra wide camera|
|Poor Battery life||Average Battery Life|
|Not the best Video Quality||Not the best Video Quality|